Saturday 14 March 2009

Crafting with Kim

The scheduled Thursday's evenings class at Sir Stampalot was cancelled and Kim Reygate kindly stepped in and held a class, stamping and inking! I love stamping and looked forward to gaining a few tips and insights into this technique and wasn't disappointed. I was so inspired, I went home and ordered her latest book: Rubber Stamping: (Passion for Paper series).


Here are three of the cards I managed to complete on the evening, I still have a couple more to do here at home. They were simple cards to make but very effective, I think. We used a Hero Arts background stamp (yes...I did buy it) which I think will come in very useful for future projects. What I love about these classes is being shown that with just one stamp you can get such a variety of cards - something I hope will come naturally to me over time! Using the scalloped circle punch and nesting it with a plain circle embossed with a greeting or a little flower adds dimension to the cards and inking the edges adds the finishing touch.

No comments: