Thursday 22 November 2012

it's been a good day!

I took a day's annual leave today and got on with some crafting and managed to finish off not one, not two, not three, but four, yes four, projects!  Yay!

Here's the advent calendar - all done.  I could do more but am thinking less is best (read that as I can't be bothered).



On to the Christmas bunting - these are presents for my daughter to give to her boss at work and a friend - I love paper bunting and have more to show in a minute... I've even altered an envelope to match the bunting.
I got my sewing machine out and did a bit of stitching - although I did have a problem when I had used double-sided tape as my needle kept getting stuck!  Note to self - use glue next time!!


So, on to my next project - this heart bunting.  It's a present for a friend who I have got in our Secret Santa - I've just hung it here for the photo.  I cut the hearts on my silhouette, alternating scalloped with plain.  I then debated on how to hang the hearts off the string and ended up just cutting a little strip and making it into a tab and threading the string through - I think it works :)

That's my four projects - I have started another one, it's a tin that I have covered in matching paper for the heart bunting to go in.  I would post a picture but seem to be having a problem with blogger. Perhaps another day.

So, as I said, it was a good day :)

Thanks for looking,

Sue



No comments: